Wednesday, November 23, 2011

My dog won't let my friend put his leash on him, and hes going to be dogsitting him for three weeks. Advice?

The dog will be home most nights alone (with food and water) but he should be walked too but he wont let anyone but myself put his leash on him!!


What should we do?


The kennels near my home dont walk the dogs enough and I dont want him to be in a cage for three weeks.My dog won't let my friend put his leash on him, and hes going to be dogsitting him for three weeks. Advice?
Invest in a slip leash, the sort that is used on working gundogs, that way the leash is looped over the head and as the handle is pulled, the 'collar area gets smaller, until it is like he is on a regular leash. This way your friend has a hold of the dog. His regular leash can then be clipped onto his regular collar and the slip removed. Get your friend to practice while you are there, and it would als obe an idea for you to use the same method to get your dog used to it.





Do you watch its me or the dog? Theris a chihuahua on series 4 with the same issue and thats how they sorted it.


Check out the website and look for 'Niles' in the series 4 section.


http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv鈥?/a>My dog won't let my friend put his leash on him, and hes going to be dogsitting him for three weeks. Advice?
My neighbor just moved to Kansas and literally gave me his female great dane and blue healer mix female. These dogs were staved for love and both had rickets and flea infestation. He threw them in a small pen and fed them very little. Neither had walked on a leash. I used a chocker to start with. This is how I trained them in one day. It is not hard. You just have to have lots of patience and love.
When I used to dog sit a new dog, I would sit on the floor, read a book, and let the dog come to me. By sitting on the floor, I was at the dogs lever. By reading, the dog got used to my voice. The dog came to me at his or her own pace, then I would let the dog smell me and get used to me for a few minutes before I attempted to pet them or put a leash on them.
have your leash on your dog when your friend is over, then get your dog to calm down, and with treat in hand, have your friend try to just remove his leash....then repeat...for a few days...


then try it the other way, treat and putting on the leash...





it should work...


Unless that friend is just not liked by dogs in general...





peace...woof woof...greggace
bring your friend over every day before you go away and let the dog get used to him give the dog a treat and let your friend put his leash on while he is eating he wont notice if you give him a treat while distracting him hope this works
Try holding a treat in front of your dogs nose and if the dog is good give them the treat.
I am having trouble understanding how hard it is to put a leash on a dog.
Perhaps this should teach you something. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment